We are excited to announce our plans for Fall 2020 programming at the Boys & Girls Club of Langlade County. As you know, the safety of our members, staff, and community is our number one priority and we will continue to strive for.
Our Fall Programming will begin Tuesday, September 1st in conjunction with the start of the 2020-2021 school year. We will have after school programming from 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm, Monday – Thursday. We will continue to serve snack from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm and dinner from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Our Program Director, Haley has been working hard on creating a schedule that will include homework help, enrichment programming, health and wellness activities, art, as well as incorporating fun.
As the Unified School District of Antigo has announced that they will begin the school year only having in-person learning Monday – Thursday, the BGCLC has decided to be open on Fridays from 7:00 am – 5:30 pm. We will serve breakfast from 7:30 am – 8:30 am, lunch from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, and snack from 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm. We have a limited amount of space available for our Friday programming and will require families to sign up ahead of time. Friday programming will have many of the same elements as our after school programming, including homework help for those members who need a little extra help.
Membership Fees will be as follows:
- $25 for School Year Membership
- $10 per day for members who wish to attend on Fridays during daytime programming from 7 am- 3 pm. This would be paid monthly and required to be paid at the beginning of each month. For example, if your child would be attending every Friday in September, that would be $40.
We have thought long and hard about how to best offer Friday memberships and with the extra costs of staff time, maintenance, etc. we ultimately decided to charge a fee for Friday programming. There is no fee for youth who are attending on Fridays for afterschool programs from 3pm-5:30pm.
There are a limited number of scholarships available that would cover the $25 school year membership fee, but we do not have scholarships available for Friday programming.
The safety and protection of your children is the number one priority of the Boys & Girls Club of Langlade County. We are doing everything possible to keep our Club members, staff, and volunteers protected from the COVID-19 virus.
- All staff and Club members will be required to wear a face mask at all times unless they are alone in their office, eating lunch or outside.
- All staff will be screened upon entering through the front door of the Club each day they report to work. Staff will have their temperature taken and required to answer a series of questions before entering the building.
- All Club members will be screened before entering through the front door of the Club by a staff wearing a mask. The Club member’s parent/guardian must be present and wait until their child/ren have been cleared before leaving.
- All communication to parents regarding updates, policies, and procedures to parents regarding COVID-19 and BGCLC will be sent to parents through email, remind app, phone calls, and sign posting at the site.
- We encourage you to sign up for the Remind App by texting @88a38c to 81010.
- Or you can download the Remind app using the App Store or Google Play, sign up for an account using your email address and then enter the class code, @88a38C when prompted.
- After each program staff will escort members to the bathroom to wash hands. Staff will also be required to wash their hands. We will also have hand sanitizer available for times when a sink is not available.
- Disinfectant wipes/spray will be placed in all program use areas and offices. All surfaces are to be wiped down at the end of each program.
Please understand even with these precautions in place, we are unable to guarantee there will not be exposure to COVID-19. We advise you make any decisions for your family with this in mind. Our plans could change at any time.
We are monitoring this diligently and will continue to operate with these limitations in place as long as we are able to provide a safe environment for young people. As always, we place the safety of our youth and staff at the highest level.