The safety and protection of your children is the number one priority of Boys & Girls Club of Langlade County. We are doing everything possible to keep our Club members, staff and volunteers protected from the COVID-19 virus.
Given the state of the virus in our community, the Club plans to reopen on Monday June 8, 2020 with the following limitations for attendance in place:
- Max Capacity of 75 youth at our Club located at 411 Superior St, Antigo, WI.
- 1st-4th Graders will be at the Club.
- Max Capacity of 50 youth at Springbrook Church located at 639 7th Ave, Antigo, WI
- 5th Grade and up will be at Springbrook Church
- Youth will be in groups of 15 or less and be with a max of 2 staff.
- Youth must attend at least 3 days a week.
- Youth must be at the Club by 10am each day for screening purposes.
- Online Registration only.
Upon this limited reopening, enhanced safety precautions for staff and members are as follows:
- All staff will be required to wear a face mask at all times unless they are alone in their office, eating lunch or outside.
- All staff will be screened upon entering through the front door of the Club each day they report to work. Staff will have their temperature taken and required to answer a series of questions before entering the building.
- All Club members will be screened before entering through the front door of the Club by a staff wearing a mask and gloves. The Club members parent/guardian must be present and wait until their child/ren have been cleared before leaving.
- Masks for Club members are recommended but optional. We do have disposable youth masks on hand.
- All communication to parents regarding updates, policies and procedures to parents regarding COVID-19 and BGCLC will be sent to parents through email, remind app, phone calls and sign posting at the site.
- We encourage you to sign up for the Remind App by texting @88a38c to 81010.
- Or you can download the Remind app using the App Store or Google Play, sign up for an account using your email address and then enter the class code, @88a38C when prompted.
- After each program staff will escort members to the bathroom to wash hands. Staff will also be required to wash their hands. We will also have hand sanitizer available for times when a sink is not available.
- Disinfectant wipes/spray will be placed in all program use areas and offices. All surfaces are to be wiped down at the end of each program.
Please understand even with these precautions in place, we are unable to guarantee there will not be exposure to COVID-19. We advise you make any decisions for your family with this in mind. Our plans could change at any time.
We realize that Boys & Girls Club is the only place some of the families in our community can turn to when schools are closed. If you have other options for your child during the day, please consider utilizing them first since we are limited to the number of youth we can serve each day. We are monitoring this diligently and will continue to operate with these limitations in place as long as we are able to provide a safe environment for young people. As always, we place the safety of our youth and staff at the highest level.