Interested in the youth development field? Do you enjoy working with kids on a daily basis? Are you considering a career in social service? Are you a creative, energetic person who enjoys a challenge?If so, the Boys & Girls Club may have an opportunity for you!
Enjoy making a child’s day.
- A passion for working with kids is always rewarded at the Boys & Girls Club.
Enjoy our fun and friendly work environment.
- Great team of staff to work with every day
- A growing national movement in which to work your way up
Enjoy the perks.
- Have-a-life schedules: NO weekends!
- Great uniform: jeans and T-shirt
- Gain valuable youth development experience
- Make a difference in children’s lives
- Get paid to play every day!
Education & Technology Instructor – Part-Time 28-32 Hours per Week
Education & Technology Instructor will be in charge of the overall daily operations of the BGCLC Learning Center with the primary concern for Club member discipline, safety, overall program delivery, supervision, community and parent relations, and membership administration to include outreach. As well as plan, implement and instruct programming, for youth in grades 1-12 that align with our priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship and Technology Programs should promote development of Club member’s physical and social skills and be adaptable to youth. Education & Technology Instructor works under the guidance if the Club Director, assists and oversees Club functions in the areas of Club cleanliness, role modeling, programming and special events.
Custodian – Part-Time 10-15 Hours per Week
Custodian working under the guidance and supervision of the Club Director. Custodian is responsible for the overall cleanliness and basic maintenance of the Club.
Key Roles: Essential Job Responsibilities:
Performing standard janitorial duties including but not limiting to, cleaning and maintaining offices, bathrooms, games room, gym, hallways & stairs, learning center, teen lounge, conference room and break room and other areas assigned. As well as maintaining the grounds.
- Works as part of a team to carry out cleaning tasks to ensure standards are maintained
- Follows cleaning routine and schedule as set by supervisor including sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, window washing, mirrors, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and clean carpets.
- Regularly empties trash and recycling
- Replenishes supplies in washrooms, such as hand soap, paper towels and toilet paper
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences or events
- Ensures any repairs noticed during cleaning duties are reported to supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensures cleaning tasks assigned by supervisor are carried out in a timely fashion
- Utilizes proper training to clean up potentially hazardous materials or contact the appropriate authorities to handle such incidents
- Identifies appropriate cleaning materials and products to sanitize area, disinfect and deodorize according to company standards
- Organizes cleaning items, disinfectants and other materials kept in storage, as well as cleaning equipment
- Maintains accurate logs and records of areas that have been cleaned and schedule of regular cleaning
- Uses proper signage to indicate wet flooring or other potentially hazardous situations
- Ensures exterior building is safe and clear of debris.
- Keep inventory of all cleaning supplies. Informs Office Manager when supplies are low.
- Change red dust mop heads weekly.
- Change mop heads bi -weekly or sooner if needed.
- Shovel/Snow blow and maintain clear sidewalks as needed in winter.
- Maintenance of furnace and heater filters.
- Changing light bulbs as needed.
Deadline to apply is October 31th, 2017.
Job Descriptions are posted on www.jobcenterofwisconsin.com